Welcome to Love YA Like Crazy, a podcast in which Carrie and Jake read and discuss young adult books. Spoilers and swearing abound!
You can listen to the most recent episodes here:
Interested in the podcast, but not sure where to start? Click here to find a list of some of Jake and Carrie's favorite episodes!
Young Adult books
YA books generally have a target audience that is anyone from their mid teens up to their early twenties, so that's generally what we're trying to focus on. Some examples include Twilight, Unwind, and The Hunger Games (some of which we might talk about on the podcast at some point).
We may sometimes talk about a book outside of that target demographic, if we have a particular reason we want to talk about it, but, if you want to suggest something for us to read, keep those general guidelines in mind.
The 'Love YA Like Crazy' icon was designed for us by Shaenon K. Garrity. Thanks, Shaenon!
How To Subscribe To 'Love YA Like Crazy' As A Podcast
You can always listen to new episodes here, or on our facebook page, but you might also find it convenient to subscribe to 'Love YA Like Crazy' as a podcast.
When you subscribe to a podcast using a podcasting program, app, or service, it will automatically detect when a new episode of the podcast has been released and let you know. You can then download and listen to it if desired. (Most programs can also be configured to automatically download new episodes, if that's what's preferred.) Here's some common ways that people subscribe to and listen to podcasts:
- Mac users can use iTunes; just go to the podcast's iTunes page and click on 'Subscribe'. You can then sync them to your phone, or listen to them by clicking on the 'Podcasts' icon in the upper left corner of the iTunes window.
- Recent iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touches can can use Apple's 'Podcasts' app. If you don't have it already, then download it from the App Store. After that, you should be able to go to the podcast's iTunes page on your phone and click on 'Subscribe'.
- Android users can now use the free Google Play app to listen to podcasts. Open the Google Play Music app, tap the menu button on the top left of the screen, tap 'Podcasts', tap the 'search' button on the top right of your screen, and search for 'Love YA Like Crazy'. Then tap us in the search results, tap the 'Subscribe' button, and check the 'Auto-download' option to make sure you always get new episodes. Choose whatever other options are desired and tap 'Subscribe'. You should then be able to find and listen to Love YA Like Crazy from the 'Podcasts' menu in the app. Click here for additional information about Google Play's podcast features.
- Stitcher Radio is available for iOS and Android-based phones and tablets and is another popular podcast-listening service.
- There are plenty of other apps and services that can also be used to listen to podcasts, on all sorts of phones and other platforms. They generally should have an option to subscribe to one by copying and pasting in the address for the podcast's RSS feed, which in the case of 'Love YA Like Crazy' is